Monday 25 June 2012

Better Now Than Later

Ow!

OK, I've started doing some preparation for my trip to Nepal in December.

Ow.

It involved going on a brisk walk - make that a very brisk walk - with one of the other women who is coming with us.

Ow.

She is at least a foot taller than myself.

Ow.

And very fit.

Ow.

It had some hilly bits and some broken ground.

Ow.

Every now and then I had to do a little jog to catch up with her.

Ow.

My legs are killing me.

Ow.

It isn't just that I had to work to keep up with her.
Short people also tend to get hell of shin splints and they take a while to settle down when you first start pushing yourself beyond your normal levels of activity.

Ow.

There's still a lot of preparation to do:
  • more walking;
  • I'll probably do some bike riding;
  • definitely going to mix in some stair climbing;
  • my Dad, brother and I are probably going to go camping and hiking a few times over the next few months once it warms up a little; and
  • extra walking.
But we're off to a good start!

Ow!

I am so glad I am doing this now rather than just assuming that I'd be OK because I walk a lot.

Ow.

No comments: