Sunday 26 December 2010

Resolution Dissolution

Ah, once again my friends we find ourselves here.

New arbitrary chopping of time into bite-size-chunks assessment of things done or undone time.

And once again I've managed 2 out of 3 of my resolutions.

I watched a swag of lovely new movies and I donated some blood.

Unfortunately it wasn't as much blood as I was intending to donate - as my body is somewhat possessive of the red stuff and threatened to take my consciousness away if we continued - but I tried.

I didn't get around to crochet because, oddly enough, I got distracted by knitting. I found a sad, abandoned unfinished scarf I had begun somewhere in my early teens and began adding rows to it*.

So here we sit at the start of a new year and I'm racking my brain for some new resolutions and I am coming up with bubkis.

There are plenty of things I want to do** but none that I want to resolve to do.

Nothing seems big enough or focused enough or specific enough.

So I figure... stuff it!

I'll probably set myself little challenges and goals throughout the year but if I can't come up with any big projects, I'm not going to force myself to manufacture some now because that would just feel artificial and would get annoying pretty quickly.

This year I'm just going to do... things.

I'm kinda looking forward to it.



*I also aggravatingly began adding stitches because I was holding the yarn wrong at the end of the needle but I think I've stopped myself from doing that now...

**Draw more often, keep up with the knitting, continue with my Italian, cooks some new things

2 comments:

Erin Palette said...

Perhaps blog more often? I would like to point out for the sake of posterity that even though the date of this blog SAYS 26 December 2010, it was ACTUALLY PUBLISHED 6 May 2011. :P

Ricochet said...

Yeah, I'm getting on to that, Timecop ;-D