Thursday 3 January 2008

What You Did...

There are questions I will never be able to ask you. Things you will never tell me. Scenes that will play themselves out in my mind, theoretical recreations based on scraps and speculation, over and over again. I will wonder but never ask because even if you were to answer you wouldn't tell me, not really. And so I won't ask but you will know that the questions are inside me and you will stay just out of reach because of what you will not say, of the answers inside yourself.

Without seeing you we raised you up but have only the words of others, information in the system, words on a screen to prove that you are risen.
We have not seen you. Yet you are there.

There are questions I will never be able to ask you because you don't want to say, I don't want to hear and the silences between us may push or pull.
Will we be there if there is a next time and you need once again to be lifted up? Or will you have sealed us off with your silence until silence is forever?

No comments: